Now that your newest song has been recorded and mixed, it’s time to let Sage Audio utilize our music mastering services to make your new track sound absolutely perfect. You may be asking yourself, “what is music mastering?” or perhaps you’re asking, “Why do I need music mastering done to my tracks?” Allow us to explain why music mastering is more than just beneficial, but rather essential in order to receive the highest quality recording.
Mastering is a post-mixing service which prepares the track for distribution. Our experienced mastering engineer will transform your song into a track that can be used for radio play, digital download and retail sale. The song is adjusted in a perfectly balanced and tuned acoustic environment with top of the line equipment. The years of mastering by our chief engineer, ideal work space, and cutting edge gear puts Sage Audio steps ahead of simply trying to master a song in your bedroom or home studio. Any song released by a professional that you hear on the radio, digitally, or on a CD has been carefully mastered by an industry professional. A number of different processes are performed during mastering to give it that clear, crisp, perfect sound. Some of the major processes that go on during music mastering include:
- Raising the overall level.
- Even out song levels and EQ individual tracks for cohesion in an album.
- Correct minor mix deficiencies with equalization.
- Enhance flow by changing the space between tracks.
- Eliminate noises between tracks.
- Make your music sound great on any sound system.
- Add IRSC codes (required for digital distribution)
- Add CD-Text information(Artist, Title, Track Names, that can be displayed by some CD players)
These steps may sound simple enough, but in actuality it takes an experienced ear to get the professional sound that you’re looking for. If you’re serious about your music, check out our music mastering services here at Sage Audio.