If you’re a fan of Apple and Sound Forge Pro, you’ve got a reason to celebrate.
“People who work on audio editing platforms recognize the need for a fresh option in the marketplace, one that’s built for OS X as opposed to something that’s simply been ported over,” said Sony Creative Software VP of global marketing Dave Chaimson in a press release.
“In addition, it’s no secret that cross-platform professionals have been demanding Sound Forge for Mac for years,” Chaimson continued. “Our response is Sound Forge Pro Mac, a truly contemporary OS X design. Producers will appreciate its simple elegance, uncluttered look and amazing flexibility.”
Sound Forge was initially owned by Sonic Foundry, and was bought by Sony in 2003. The PC version is currently in its 10th version, and appears to have a similar features set as the newly released Mac version. The software also allows users to edit audio that is set to be used in videos.
Chaimson also spoke about the CD mastering capabilities of the program.
“The included suite of mastering and repair plug-ins makes this 1.0 edition a value-packed editing powerhouse right out of the box,” he said. “Sound Forge Pro Mac is our second major OS X application release this year, and we’re pleased to now be very actively engaged in application development for the Mac platform.”
The press release also lists a variety of software features included in the Mac version. These include:
- Edit audio on a new user interface designed specifically for OS X
- Access dedicated viewing panels for the ideal workflow experience when recording, monitoring, editing, applying plug-in processing and browsing for content
- Toggle between features to view only those you need to see during a particular editing task
- Engage legacy Sound Forge event-based editing for effortless sequencing of audio on the timeline
- 64-bit /192 kHz maximum resolution
- Record up to 32 simultaneous channels
One-stop audio mastering
- Produce broadcast-ready audio master files
- Make sophisticated processing tasks easier than ever with the new Plug-in Chainer design
- Apply plug-in parameter envelopes for precision mastering
- Use the included Mastering Effects Bundle by iZotope™ – a suite of six essential audio mastering plug-ins: EQ, Multiband Compressor, Exciter, Imager, Limiter and Reverb
Professional signal and effects processing
- Full range of native processes
- Zplane™ elastique Pro time-stretching and pitch-shifting plug-in
- iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion) and MBIT+ dither (bit depth conversion)
- Supports AU and VST plug-ins for both offline and non-destructive processing
Restore and Repair Tools
- An iZotope exclusive for Sound Forge Pro Mac software
- Declicker: automatically identify and remove clicks and pops
- Denoiser: eliminate unwanted noise with noiseprint-based noise reduction
- Declipper: reconstruct peaks damaged by clipping