If you’re a fan of Apple and Sound Forge Pro, you’ve got a reason to celebrate.
Recently, Sony Creative Software introduced Sound Forge Pro Mac 1.0. The multi-channel audio recording and editing application “was developed from the ground up on a clean slate for OS X,” according to a press release announcing the new product.
“People who work on audio editing platforms recognize the need for a fresh option in the marketplace, one that’s built for OS X as opposed to something that’s simply been ported over,” said Sony Creative Software VP of global marketing Dave Chaimson in a press release.
“In addition, it’s no secret that cross-platform professionals have been demanding Sound Forge for Mac for years,” Chaimson continued. “Our response is Sound Forge Pro Mac, a truly contemporary OS X design. Producers will appreciate its simple elegance, uncluttered look and amazing flexibility.”
Sound Forge was initially owned by Sonic Foundry, and was bought by Sony in 2003. The PC version is currently in its 10th version, and appears to have a similar features set as the newly released Mac version. The software also allows users to edit audio that is set to be used in videos.
Chaimson also spoke about the CD mastering capabilities of the program.
“The included suite of mastering and repair plug-ins makes this 1.0 edition a value-packed editing powerhouse right out of the box,” he said. “Sound Forge Pro Mac is our second major OS X application release this year, and we’re pleased to now be very actively engaged in application development for the Mac platform.”
Dave Chaimson, Sony Creative Software
The press release also lists a variety of software features included in the Mac version. These include:
- Edit audio on a new user interface designed specifically for OS X
- Access dedicated viewing panels for the ideal workflow experience when recording, monitoring, editing, applying plug-in processing and browsing for content
- Toggle between features to view only those you need to see during a particular editing task
- Engage legacy Sound Forge event-based editing for effortless sequencing of audio on the timeline
- 64-bit /192 kHz maximum resolution
- Record up to 32 simultaneous channels
One-stop audio mastering
- Produce broadcast-ready audio master files
- Make sophisticated processing tasks easier than ever with the new Plug-in Chainer design
- Apply plug-in parameter envelopes for precision mastering
- Use the included Mastering Effects Bundle by iZotope™ - a suite of six essential audio mastering plug-ins: EQ, Multiband Compressor, Exciter, Imager, Limiter and Reverb
Professional signal and effects processing
- Full range of native processes
- Zplane™ elastique Pro time-stretching and pitch-shifting plug-in
- iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion) and MBIT+ dither (bit depth conversion)
- Supports AU and VST plug-ins for both offline and non-destructive processing
Restore and Repair Tools
- An iZotope exclusive for Sound Forge Pro Mac software
- Declicker: automatically identify and remove clicks and pops
- Denoiser: eliminate unwanted noise with noiseprint-based noise reduction
- Declipper: reconstruct peaks damaged by clipping
Make Pro Songs
Welcome to Sage Audio — where we’ve been providing top-tier studio mastering services and audio education for over two decades now. We understand the challenges of achieving that elusive "professional" sound and are committed to helping you attain it in your own mixes and masters.
That’s why we created the Sage Audio Membership™.
Just for signing up, you receive 10 free mastered songs per month with your own dedicated mastering engineer, unlimited mixing feedback, and access to Sage Audio University™ mixing and mastering courses - which include start-to-finish walkthrough sessions for various genres and 35 multitrack sessions for hands-on practice.
This platform is supported by our thriving community and tight-knit network of audio engineers. Every day, we see and hear great wins in the membership from both new and seasoned engineers, noticing a huge improvement in their mixes and masters after joining.
There are 6 unique value-points inside the Sage Audio membership, so let’s go over each one so you can decide if it’s the right fit for you.
1. 10 Free Mastered Songs Per Month
- Get 10 free mastered songs per month with your own dedicated professional mastering engineer so you can get all your mixes sounding like professional songs.
- All 10 free mastered songs per month will accumulate in your account and will not expire as for as long as you remain a member.
- You’ll get your own dedicated Sage Audio mastering engineer to discuss all your project needs 1:1 so they can create custom masters that are specific to you and sound exactly how you want.
- Unlimited revisions with your dedicated Sage Audio mastering engineer. As a standard of our service, we are not happy until you are happy with the sound of your masters.
- All masters are delivered as commercial, industry-standard high-resolution 24-bit HD WAV masters so they will sound clean and clear on every platform.
2. Unlimited Mixing Feedback
- Get unlimited mixing feedback from Sage Audio engineers and community members so you can quickly improve your mixes.
- This is highly valuable - giving you access to a thriving community of mixing engineers who can provide you with feedback about what you can improve first before sending your mix to be professionally mastered.
3. Sage Audio University™ (SAU) — (Mixing and Mastering Education Platform)
- SAU is a modern audio engineering education platform that includes in-depth mixing and mastering course curriculums that match the new music industry.
- SAU is designed for every experience level, ranging from first-time mixing engineers to advanced engineers. The techniques and concepts taught can be applied to any DAW to create industry-leading mixes without expensive software or plugins - and free plugin alternatives are suggested throughout every course curriculum.
- SAU course curriculums include Start-to-Finish session walkthrough lessons for multiple genres so you can follow along with your preferred genre.
- SAU Membership Degree Certification, which can be downloaded and showcased on your website, social channels, and portfolio for as long as you remain a member.
- Get first access to all future SAU course curriculums to continually build and refine your mixing and mastering skills as the industry evolves.
4. Sage Audio Community
- The Sage Audio community is a tight-knit community of passionate audio engineers that can provide you with real-world mixing feedback, discussions, mix competitions, networking, collaborations, and more.
5. 700+ In-depth Sage Audio Mixing and Mastering Videos
- Access 700+ in-depth Sage Audio mixing and mastering videos - curated and organized into playlists so you can take a deep-dive into all aspects of audio engineering with thousands of hours of concise, expertly crafted Sage Audio videos to continually improve your mixing and mastering skills at your own pace.
6. 70+ GB of Curated Sage Audio Downloadable Content, Including:
- 36 multitrack sessions spanning multiple genres for mixing practice.
- 57 un-mastered mixes spanning multiple genres for mastering practice.
- 62 Recommended Free Plugins List (vetted, tested, and approved, so you don’t have to).
- 39 Recommended Paid Plugins List (vetted, tested, and approved, so you don’t have to).
- 58 Sage Audio custom plugin presets to improve your mixes and masters.
- Sage Audio Membership Badge to showcase on your website, social channels, and portfolio.